Lexica: Sanskrit, Tibetan and English
Lexica provides definitions from two Sanskrit-Tibetan word lists and a Sanskrit-English dictionary. Three lexical databases are currently available - the Mahāvyutpatti, Yogācārabhūmi and Monier-Williams Sanskrit-English Dictionary - and ten different search strategies.
The author would like to thank Dr Hoshu MITSUHARA and Tooru AIBA for allowing him to manipulate their electronic versions of the Mahāvyutpatti. He is also grateful to Drs Koitsu YOKOYAMA and Takayuki HIROSAWA for the original digital version of the Yogācārabhūmi. The Indica et Buddhica version of Monier-Williams Sanskrit-English Dictionary is possible due to the kindness of Dr Thomas MALTEN.
Two search interfaces are provided:
- Return Definitions
- Match headwords exactly
- Match prefixes
- Match substring occurring anywhere in a headword
- Match suffixes
- POSIX 1003.2 (modern) regular expressions
- Old (basic) regular expressions
- Match using SOUNDEX algorithm
- Match headwords within Levenshtein distance one
- Match separate words within headwords
To search the IeB DICT server with a DICT client please set it to connect to:
For details please see: How to search the DICT Monier-Williams &c..